Hey yall! I am actually sitting at Panera ALL ALONE!!! My sweet hubby let me escape for a few minutes to catch up on blogging and writing this afternoon, so I am a happy woman.
We have been busy learning to read, adding tot school and circle time to our daily routine and planning a police birthday party for next weekend, Caleb is going to be 6! Our “E is for elephant week” was filled with lots of reading up on elephants and pretending to be elephants. We had so much fun making this elephant craft. The kids are still playing with their elephants, sometimes the house sounds more like the African Savanna than our home (although it usually sounds like a circus, so which one is better, you take your pick?)!
I managed to throw together a quick template for all of my “crafting challenged friends out there, this one is easy and you can do it!
Here is what you need:
- Party blowers for the trunk (I found our blowers on clearance at Target. But make sure you buy the kind with the plastic piece you blow into and not cardboard. I had to put a layer of clear thick tape around ours because they were cardboard and kept getting all mushy. So buy the plastic kind and you are set! )
- Foam sheets for the body, face, and tail
- Pattern paper for the ears
- Googly eyes
- scissors and glue
- Print out the template here
- Trace and cut out all your pieces (or have your kiddos cut them out)
- For easy assembly onto our blowers cut two little slits in an “x” shape on each piece so yo can slide them right onto the blower part.
- Add any embellishments like eyes, smile, feet
- Start with head, then front of body fold over and do back of body and then tail
- And you’re done! Let them blow away and drive you a little crazy!